Tuesday, June 2, 2015

More pictures!

I drove into Seattle today to Cancer Care Alliance for my first mammogram since my breast cancer journey began.  I had the dreaded mammogram and was sent to the dressing room to wait for the radiologist to review everything. The nurse came back to my room and told me the doctor wanted to take more pictures!  That's when the fear rushed in!  I was suddenly reliving 5 1/2 months ago when during a routine mammogram I was told the very same thing - the doctor wanted more pictures  - which eventually led to discovering a mass.  

So now here I was hearing it again. Another mammogram was taken and then the wait.  After what seemed like forever the doctor came in and said the most beautiful words in the universe - all is NORMAL!!  I was so relieved!  

Why the Lord doesn't just make things simple and easy I don't know!  I guess He's always testing, stretching and  strengthening our faith to trust Him.  Sometimes I do well - sometimes I don't - but I'm trying! Whatever His reasons - I'm just so thankful and happy I am cancer free!  Wahoo!!